Friday, February 27, 2009

Kindergarten Round-Up

Today I took my baby to school for kindergarten round up. As we pulled in the parking lot at the school all I could think about was how fast the years have gone. I mean come August I'll have Damon entering high school which will start a whole new chapter in his life, Courtney going to 6th grade finishing up the end of her elementary years and my baby walking in the school to just begin her journey. I thought to myself I can't believe I'm here with Makenna this just doesn't seem right. As most of you might know Makenna could have gone to school this year but due to her having a late summer birthday, her daddy and I decided it would be best to send her to preschool for one more year. We thought being another year older would just make things easier but I'm not sure if we held her out the year to make it easier on her or easier on us to let her go. Problem is, it doesn't get easier on the parent! No matter how long you wait there will come the time for school. The main thing is Makenna was excited to be there and was very confident about her surroundings. The kids all got to watch a short video on school bus safety and after the video actually got to go outside to get on a bus and check it out. It was so cute to hear them all talk amongest one another about starting school. Many of them including Makenna thought they got to come back tomorrow to start kindergarten. It was at that point I realized she was going to do just fine in school as she felt comfortable being there with the other kids and was ready for the next step of her journey in life.

Until next time.......Maria

1 comment:

Patti said...

Oh, Kindergarten is so exciting and such a big stepping stone! It is much harder on the mom than on the child. It will be so fun for her. Damon will get to experience summer p.e. and soon drivers ed. It all goes by so quickly.... enjoy every minute!