Monday, February 23, 2009

Happy Birthday Damon and Karlye!!!!







Due to the fact that I just started my blog last Thursday, I want to back up in my post just a bit to recognize a couple birthdays. Damon turned 14 on February 9th and Mark and Amy's daughter (a couple in our small group) Karlye turned 3 on the 10th. We decided to have a party at Mark and Amy's house with all the couples in our small group to celebrate the births of these two very special kids. It was a nice Sunday evening with temps in the 50's. Mark and Mike took over at the grill with burgers and dogs while Amy and I got all the sides ready. Everyone was able to make it which made for a great time. We enjoyed supper and ice cream cake and presents to follow.

It is both a happy but yet kind of a sad time when your child has a birthday. Happy to see them growing up and becoming their own person yet sad as you look back on the years and how fast time really does go. So Damon and Karlye this post is dedicated to both of you from all of us that love you both very much!!!

Until next time........Maria

4 comments:

Patti said...

Looks like fun! Tony and I just joined a small groups.... isn't it nice. Kinda like having more family.

Maria said...

We love it as yes they are just like family and we are all very close. Sorry I didn't make it over on Sunday....I stayed in my sweats and didn't leave the house all day!! I hope everything went well.

Christy said...

Hey Maria! I see you have joined the blogging world!! Welcome! I will link you on mine as well =)

Patti said...

We did have a good turn out on Sunday.... Maggie is picking out her free jewelry now. I am glad you were able to stay in your sweats all afternoon, I am needing one of those days!