Saturday, February 21, 2009

Saturday Night




Tonight, I'm taking Damon and his friend Kalin to see the movie Mall Cop. He has been wanting to go for a few weeks now but there has been a ballgame or something going on. Mike is going to his buddy Darren's house to play cards/poker with the guys in our small group. Courtney is at Bible Memory Camp for the weekend and will come home tomorrow afternoon. Kalin's mom Cathy is going to watch Makenna for the evening so I think all our bases are covered. I'm looking forward to taking the boys out to the movie. Damon is growing up so fast and I enjoy those times far and few between that he and I can just "hang out" together. I know in a couple years he'll be driving and out with his friends but I hope that he doesn't forget his ole mom!

Today was the first softball open gym. Court missed due to being at camp but Makenna got to give it a try for the first time. She actually did pretty good and has quite the arm on her. I went with her and Mike so I could take a few pictures to post. We will see how things go next Saturday and see if she wants to give it a go this summer.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend and remember to think spring : )

Until next time........Maria

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey I'll try posting this again. Yesterday Kirsten asked me why I let Makenna come downstairs while they was watching the scary movie. I told her every time Makenna would hear them scream she would run and turn the lights on. Makenna told them if it was too scary to turn the movie off. They laughed at her. She said "it's not funny" with her hands on her hip. HaHa Gotta love that spunk!!!
thinkin about spring and SPRING BREAK!!!
Cathy

Maria said...

That sounds just like Makenna as she can be "sassy" like that! I can just hear her telling those girls just how it is. Thanks again for watching her....she had a great time :)

Alyssa said...

Maria!!
Looks like your blog is coming along! I swear I did a ton of things this past weekend and I had a test today, which I got a 100% on! Whoo hoo! Sooo, I have to work tomorrow after school, but I will get ahold of you and show you where to find cool backgrounds. Then your heading will be in the middle. It's just because of the pre-made layout you have now, i think! We'll figure it out!

Maria said...

Way to go on your test girl!! Yes, I'll appreciate any help I can get. Right now I'm just kind of figuring it out as I go but I'm sure there's so many other things that I can do :)