Friday, May 1, 2009

The Haircut

Today after Makenna got out of preschool, she and I went for haircuts. Below is a picture of her new style........look how short it is! I really LOVE it as I think it looks so cute on her. As you will notice from my last post, she had VERY long hair in ponytails and now she has VERY short hair! She was excited about getting it cut short as she does not like having it brushed out every night after her bath. I have to spray a ton of detangler spray on it and it still would be hard to brush out as she has very thick hair. So, I think she made a good choice to go short with summer coming as she will be going swimming and playing softball so it will be easier to brush after swimming and much cooler on the softball field. When we got home today she went upstairs to her bedroom, stood on her bed, looked in her dresser mirror and said, "I love my new hair.......I look sassy!" So there you have it......straight from the 5 year old.


Until next time.......Maria

5 comments:

Christy said...

Makes her look more like Courtney!

Maria said...

She reminds me so much of Courtney when she was that age. Is it ok with you if I add your blog to my blog list (if I remember how to do it! Ha)? You can put mine on yours if you would like. Hope all is going well for you!

Andrea said...

Too cute! I think she looks JUST like Mike in his first grade picture!!!!

Maria said...

OMG.....wait until I tell him you said that....LOL. Hope all is going well in your family.

Christy said...

Sure think Maria! And she does resemble Mike! lol