Sunday, March 15, 2009

The Weekend




What a nice weekend it has turned out to be. Today's weather has been so nice and it sounds as though we have some warm weather to look forward to come yet this week. I'm so ready for it to get warm and stay that way!!

Saturday morning Court had a two hour basketball practice and after that we headed to Evansville for the day and a day it was as we didn't get home until 9:00 Saturday night. My niece Jana and her husband to be one of these days (Jana....how many times were we asked Saturday when you and John are going to get married????) live in Evansville so we got to spend the day with them. Jana is my only niece and to be quite honest about it she is more like a little sister to me than a niece. I'm sure it is due to the fact that she is only 12 years younger than me as she was born when I was in 6th grade. She and I have so much fun shopping together and always hit the mall for the day. It is so funny because we both wear the same size clothes (I always tell her she makes me feel good as after having 3 babies and working REALLY hard to get somewhat back in shape I can wear the same size now as my little niece : ) so we will grab as many clothes as we can and head to side by side dressing rooms so we can throw things back and forth to each other to try on. Saturday we were on a shopping mission for new summer clothes as we are heading to Florida in less than two weeks for spring break and Jana and John are coming with us this year. My kids are so excited about them coming. Damon really likes to "hang out" with John and Court and Jana always have fun together. Makenna, well she just loves to be around them too : ) All in all Saturday was a great day and we got to go eat some mexican food too!!
Today Courtney had a basketball practice game against Washington. Next weekend Damon and Court both will be playing in a tourney at Jasper for Gym Rats and the next Friday we will be leaving for Florida for a week of sunshine and some much needed rest and relaxation!!

I've posted a picture of Court and Makenna on the merry-go-round at Eastland Mall and also a photo of Courts game this afternoon. Hope everyone got to get out today and enjoy the sunshine!

Until next time.....

Maria










2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahah I'm gonna have to watch out for Makenna in Florida! She may try to steal my man since she always says he is so hot!

Maria said...

LOL.....you've got that right!