Thursday, March 26, 2009

Daytona Here We Come!!!

As the song goes "I'm gonna soak up the sun" that is just what I intend to do for the next 7 days! The trip is FINALLY here, the one my family as well as several others in our small group have been waiting for. We are leaving tomorrow afternoon at 1:00 to start out on our spring break "retreat" as I like to call it. We are going to have a wonderful time being lazy, watching movies, playing cards and hitting the beach every day. Our entire small group will be going to Daytona except for Mark and Amy's family and they are going to Destin (we will all miss you guys). This is the first year for my family to vacation in Daytona. Every year since Courtney was in first grade and Damon in fourth, we have gone to Orlando over spring break. Last year when we were in Orlando we drove to Daytona to spend the day with some friends that were vacationing in Daytona and it was beautiful there. One of the families going, Darren and Kim and their kids have never been to Florida so it is awesome that they are getting the chance to get away this year. I know they will love it and their kids are in for such a great time!!

The one thing we all will miss about this trip is not having Jim there with us. You see, just four months ago Jim went to be with his savior in heaven and it has been difficult many days on everyone in our small group to grasp the reality of life without him. Although he won't be with us in body this vacation, his spirit lives within each of us which allows us the opportunity to still have him there with us. I pray that this vacation will be refreshing for Jamie and the girls as they have been through so much and deserve to have the chance to smile again and have happiness in their lives.

Well, there is much to do today such as get the oil changed in the suburban, get snacks at the store, hair appointments for the girls and I and the major thing I haven't even started yet.....PACKING! So, as you can tell, I'd better get motivated and get with it now. I'll try to post some during the week to keep everyone updated on how the trip is going. Please pray for all of us for a safe trip to Daytona and back home.

Until next time......Maria

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW Can't wait til we leave!!!! It felt like it would never get here. I told Kenna to make sure and bring a flashlight so we could go crab hunting at night. Ever been? And we're planning on jellyfish fishing, building sandcastles, floating on the lazy river and anything else that we can think of.(she cracks me up).
I know this vacation is going to be painfully sweet for all of us. I want this to be relaxing and fun for Jamie and the girls but I know it's going to be very difficult for her. It's another one of those first's that only she can feel. I pray that we can recognize when they need our support and when they need their personal space. I know they realize we are all here for them 24/7 and I pray that friendship will never change in our "group".
Daytona here we come!!!!
Cathy

Patti said...

Maria, Sounds like a great time! Have Fun!