Thursday, August 13, 2009

First Day of School

Well the first day of school has come and gone along with the second and third days. My kids are glad tomorrow is Friday as they are wearing down. It is so hard to get back in the routine of getting to bed early and getting up early and not to mention having to stay after school for cross country and volleyball practice every night for Damon and Court. Makenna is so tired tonight that she asked to go to bed at 8:30....it was still daylight out so I know she is exhausted! This morning she asked me if she was done for the week and I told her one more day to go and she could sleep in on Saturday. All in all I think she is going to be ok. It is a huge adjustment going from precschool which was 2 1/2 hours 3 days a week to all day every day. I remember when Damon and Courtney went to kindergarten it was all day every other day and they were both so tired on that off day. Poor little Makenna doesn't get that break. Tonight was Open House night so we got to go in and see some of the things she has been doing this week and to meet parents of some of the other kids in the class. Here are some pictures I took on Tuesday morning before they all headed out the door.


My big girl......although she will always be my baby
My 6th grader Courtney

Sisters are forever and I'm so glad your mine!


Showing off backpacks


My Freshman.......ugh.......I'm not liking him going to high school at all :(


Momma and her baby girl


Makenna wanted to ride the bus the first day so Court said she was going with her as she didn't want her to go on the bus by herself. How sweet and overprotective is that?? Damon had me take him to school and I went to the primary building to wait on Makenna to get there.


First photo in Mrs. Jacob's Class
Until next time......
Maria








1 comment:

JessGraceIz said...

Hope the kids' day goes by fast on Friday, so they can sleep in and get some rest. Hopefully they start getting the hang of it by next week.