Friday, April 24, 2009

Feels Like Summer!!

Ok, so the calendar says the "official" start of summer isn't for weeks yet but hey, step outside today and you just might get the impression that the calendar isn't always right. What a beautiful day it has turned out to be and looking ahead it seems as though we might have several nice days yet to come. I actually stopped and purchased some geraniums for my flower pots on the front porch today. My husband, the landscaping expert, reminds me every year about this time when I get my "itch" to start my flowers that I should hold off until the first weekend in May to get in the flower planting mood. He as usual has prooved to be right in past years as I've jumped the gun and planted my flowers only to have them attacked by some late freeze. So today I took his advice to not plant in my open flower pots because I'm terrible about remembering to cover them or bring them in under cover when the weather man reports the late season freeze is on the way. I figure if I just stick to my pots on the front porch for now that they just might stand a chance of making it if the late freeze happens to hit!

On another note, I know it has been a couple weeks since my last post and I was reminded of that by my niece in the comment she made on my post from two weeks ago. It went a little something like, "Aunt Ria (what she use to call me when she was a little girl) you really need to update your blog, Na Bug" ( what I use to call her when she was a little girl). She is right as things have been so busy around here that I sometimes forget to stop and take the time to update and next thing I know it has been two weeks! So a few of the happenings going on around here included Makenna's first softball practice on the field last Friday and let me tell you it was interesting! Mike had to pray for strength and patience as starting over coaching 8u softball can be quite the challenge. She had practice again tonight and things I'm happy to report are getting better. Last weekend Damon and Court played their last Gym Rats basketball tourney for the season so now it is moving on to baseball for Damon and softball for Court. This summer will be crazy with 3 kiddos playing ball in 3 different age groups!! Oh yet on another note....one thing I got the chance to do last night was attend a Lia Sophia jewelry party at my friend Jamie W's house. If you've never had the chance to attend one of these parties or see a catalog you don't know what your missing; the jewelry is beautiful!

So, I have a 5 year old calling "mom......mom.........where are you mom and with that I must end this post and attend to my little one.

Until next time........Maria

No comments: