Monday, September 28, 2009

September Wrap-Up

I know it is a couple days early but at the rate my blogging has been going, I thought I would try to wrap-up this month while I have the chance. I think I'll just bullet some of the things that we have been up to as that might make this a littler easier.

*Second weekend in September we got to enjoy time with friends at the annual Turkey Trot. Needless to say it was nice to relax and have a little fun! We also got to enjoy the annual trip to Holiday World which Jana and John got to come along this year. We all had a blast riding rides and at the water park too. Makenna was tall enough this year to enjoy the water slides so it was fun to go on some of them with her!

*The third weekend in September I got to celebrate yet another birthday.....#36! Wow, I'm climbing that hill to 40 and the way the years go, I'll be at the top in the blink of an eye. The weekend was great as I got to enjoy breakfast with my mom on Friday morning, Texas Roadhouse on Saturday night with Mike and Court (Damon & Makenna were at Grandma & Grandpa Pruett's house), and dinner again Sunday evening with Mike's mom and dad.....not bad for one weekend!

*Volleyball has been going great for Court. She has been doing a really good job and will be in good shape next year for 7th grade. She has a two games this week, one next and yet another the following week to wrap things up for the year. Hard to believe only 4 games left and we roll on to basketball time!

*What can I say about Cross Country......well it has been going AWESOME.....that's what I've got to say about that! The team overall have been such fun to watch this year and Damon.....well he continues to amaze me with this talent he has been blessed with. Despite a little set-back due to strep throat, he is going strong. Ninth grade year has proved to be a good one and all I can say is I'm glad I'm along for the ride! Sure can't wait to see what is to come over the next few years.....well I can wait but you get my point!

*Makenna started dance class this month and it is off to a good start. Her class meets every Thursday for half hour which is long enough to hold the attention of not only her but some of the other little ones in the class. She really is enjoying herself and as I watch her I see Courtney all over again.......amazing!

*Last but not least is Court's new travel softball team.....offically named "Indiana Mojo Fastpitch"......kind of catchy isn't it! We are all very pumped up about this team. Sunday we went to Bloomington for a team meeting and I think we are in for something good! More to come on that later as I'm sure there will be lots to share.

*As for this blogger....well today was spent at the eye doctor as I've managed to get some kind of infection in my left eye. I'm on drops 4 times a day and the worst part....no contacts until Friday!!!! People that know me know I NEVER wear my glasses unless there is an extreme situation.....well I'm at that point until I go back on Friday and get the ok to start wearing my contacts again.

This pretty much sums up September......can't wait to see what October has in store! Enjoy the nice cool weather......Fall is in the air!

Until next time.......Maria

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maria, I think we have all had a busy September.. glad to see your family is doing good.. and as far as your eyes go.. I DO NOT wear my glasses ever either, but usually end up with an eye infection once a year.. UGg... Had mine about 1 1/2 month ago.. glasses for all to see..:) haha..

JessGraceIz said...

I haven't stopped by your desk in awhile, so it was good to see an update on you guys. Take care of that eye.